Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Friday!

Whew...we made it to Friday! What a beautiful week we have had! We have also had a fabulous month learning about caterpillars and butterflies. The highlight was definitely watching our very own caterpillars change into beautiful Painted Lady butterflies. I thought the children might be sad when we let them go but they were excited to see them fly.

I made some name tracers for the children and they will be bringing them home today. Using a dry erase marker they connect the dots and then it wipes right off with a paper towel. I had planned to purchase a dry erase marker for them to take home as well but I didn't get a chance - hope you have some (the thin line ones work best for the older kids)! I will be making more of these word cards to go with our current themes each month. As I introduce the words I will place them in a box with markers (our mini centers) and they can work on them as they wish (self-directed). This is purely just an introduction to letters and words and how letters "make" words.......words go left to right, etc.


Next month our themes will be Bees, Ladybugs, Strawberries, colors yellow, red and black. We will start off with bees - if you happen to have any books with bees, please share with us. I don't think I have a single one so I'll be searching this weekend.

Thank you, everyone for the positive feedback regarding this blog. I'm so glad that you are enjoying it and it gives me a chance to share a little of what your kiddos are doing during the day. I wish I had done this much sooner!

One little picture today.....just had to take one of that hat! :-) Would have taken more but they were convinced it was fun to chase "Julia" today. Wow...I can tell you that 1...I'm out of shape and 2....I'm OLD! :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: